5 Career Tips Graduates
Once your journey through Boca Beauty Academy has ended, you may be left wondering about the next steps. Where do I go from here? How do I turn my skills into a career? Here are some helpful tips to remember after graduation.
- Engage in Continuing Education. As a professional, you never stop learning. It’s vital to keep up. By enrolling in Continuing Education Courses you can be sure you are always at the top of your game. Plus, the skills and knowledge you acquire will set you apart from others.
- Build your Portfolio. It is important to organize, store, and maintain documents related to your training and career. This helps showcase your skills, experience, and samples of work or accomplishments. It also allows possible future employers to view in more detail what they need and want to see. Portfolios showcase your strengths and suitability for additional training opportunities. It also provides a current status of your potential.
- Be Professional and Personable. Show up early for everything. Always be ready to lend a hand. Smile and exude friendliness to everyone you meet. When you’re positive, courteous, and punctual, people notice. Employers crave these traits in prospective employees and clients feel more connected to those who make a strong, positive impression. And don’t be afraid to let your personality shine; that’s how you’ll build rapport with your clientele.
- Create a Platform. It’s up to you to market yourself in a positive and professional way. Starting a blog is a great way to get your name out there and to generate interest. You can also create a website to display your portfolio. It’s also important to maintain a presence in the social media realm. Just remember, everything you post, share, and like is a reflection of your personal brand. So, keep it professional.
- Experiment. Pay attention to new ideas and techniques to enhance your skills and continue to grow as a professional. Use that knowledge to explore your own style and expand your creativity, but be careful. While it’s a good idea to take note of what works for others, remain true to yourself. Remember; you want to be an industry innovator. Be original and someday new grads will look to you for guidance.
Boca Beauty Academy is proud of our graduates and is always here to help. Stay in touch and up to date with us on our website and social media pages to see what’s new around campus!